We’re Hiring! Tasting Room Associate – Seasonal
Oliver Twist Estate Winery is seeking to add a few amazing personalities to our tasting room to make our 2020 season better than ever!
A visit to the Black Sage Bench can double as a trip down memory lane at Oliver Twist Estate Winery, a family-owned, boutique winery, just south of Oliver, established in 2006. We craft fruit-forward, luscious whites and full, juicy reds, in addition to sparkling, late harvest and port-style wines from our small, 14-acre estate vineyard. At Oliver Twist, we warmly welcome, educate, and advise wine lovers about how to enjoy expanding their wine journey and cellar.
The Tasting Room Associate position reports to the General Manager and will be a seasonal position for 2020, starting in May and ending in October.
We are looking to grow our business with teammates who have a passion for wine and hospitality, and have fun sharing that passion. Successful candidates will have an interest in using or acquiring wine knowledge. They will be calm under pressure and able to handle a fast-paced sales environment. It is important to us that we find colleagues we can trust, who are eager to support their teammates and the business, and want to have fun at work every day!
- Greeting guests, making them feel welcome, and creating a memorable experience
- Acquiring knowledge of winery and its wines
- Pouring wines for tasting, while observing Serving It Right standards
- Encouraging customers to become Twist Club members
- Processing transactions, packaging wine & merchandise (operating cash register)
- Responsible for cash reconciliation at the start and end of each day
- Assisting with merchandising and stocking of retail items and wines
- Maintaining cleanliness of glassware, indoor and outdoor facilities
- Assisting with special events and representing the winery at outside functions as needed
- Filling outside orders, as needed
- Acting as a local ambassador by providing tourist information
- Other tasks, as required
- 19+ with Serve it Right Certification
- Ability to lift 40lb
- Wine-related experience and knowledge, or strong willingness to learn quickly
- Ability to work 8 hours on feet and perform multiple physical tasks
- High standards of customer service
- Computer-familiar (especially with Point-Of-Sale systems)
- Excellent oral communication skills and ability to manage priorities and multitask
- Positive attitude towards teammates, guests, and difficult/busy situations
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Wine education an asset, but not required (e.g. WSET)
- Ability to operate a forklift an asset, but not required
Wages dependent on past experience and education. Please apply via email with resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider applications received before April 10, 2020.